Monday, August 30, 2010

Journal Entry 1

Eleven years ago when my parents got divorced I began taking on more and more responsibilities in order to help my mom and brother through the rough transition. During this time I became closer and more involved in family matters and household duties. Before the divorce I was a relatively care free child, after the divorce I began helping around the house by assisting my brother with his homework, helping around the house, and making sure my parents were civil when in each other's  presence. Although I'm not quite the daredevil I used to be I'm glad for the change because now I'm a responsible hardworking kid who has a really good relationship with his family, showing us divorce isn't always a bad thing.

2 comments:

  1. I realy liked this because it was short and to the point. The fact that you used hardly any descriptive words says a lot about your experience, as dose how you were quick and to the point. Almost as if you wanted to get the words out in the least personal way possible. Judging by the time you turned this in I bet this is the edited version. Sorry if I may have said something that was to judging I just really like this becaus of what you didn't say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really like that you took, what some might believe a bad experience, such as divorce, and made it positive. it must've been really hard for you growing up. a child so young shouldn't have such responsibilities, but i like that you took the initiative and did something to benefit your family, "assisting my brother with his homework, helping around the house, and making sure my parents were civil.." and i don't know if you noticed, but you wrote "..helping around the house.." twice; of course you probably did it to reiterate the amount of work you put into your family, correct? :) overall, i enjoyed reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete