Monday, September 6, 2010

Journal Entry 2

For my Persona Text I chose "I am the Walrus" by the Beatles because I wasn't able to find any texts I had written that pertained to myself and also because my friend believed this song described be well. As far as I can see there really isn't anything similar to the texts we have read in class and the Persona text, but for the sake of the journal I'll do my best to find many differences between "A Sense of Myself" by Luci Tapahonso and "I am the Walrus". "I am the Walrus" seems to be a just a jumble of thoughts and phrases while "A Sense of Myself" is about Tapahono's trip to Colorado. Sorry, one day i'll get the hang of these darn journals. Constructive criticism is welcome. With your help these journal entries will get better at some point. Wait I think I found something similar. Both texts refer to the narrator having found themselves in a way. Tapahonso finds herself through her culture and in "I am the Walrus" the narrator keeps referring to himself as the Walrus. See I'm making progress already.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am laughing out loud in my dorm room. I liked your voice in this post I feel like you just told me this in person! Not to mention I also love the Beatles! Maybe next time you can pull out a certain sentence or two in the lyrics of the song that relate to " A sense of Myself" and then go more into depth about how they are both about finding out your inner person!
    -Haylee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked how instead of forcing a piece of writing to identify with you, you just found some texts that you could try and apply to your self and the text we read in class. The way you wrote was also funny because it seems as if you have a sense of humor. These writings also should be funny to write about because the titles themselves have a sense of humor. I'm excited to see how the persona writing turns out because it sound like your going to have a very funny essay.

    ReplyDelete