Sunday, October 10, 2010

Journal Entry 6

I rather enjoyed all of the group's analysis of the commercials they chose, however the one that I enjoyed the most was the Old Spice commercial. The commercial was able to use all versions of emotional appeal to get the consumer to buy their product. They used visual appeal by showing an attractive male figure to draw in the ladies and make the men want to look more like him to also get the ladies. It used emotional appeal when he was saying that by using the Old Spice product that men could look like him. And it was also incredibly hilarious, which also helps a great deal to pull in customers. The group did a very good job of connecting their observations to the commercial and I was very impressed. If I could but remember their names I would have included them but alas I do not.

1 comment:

  1. I thought that your analysis of the Old Spice Commercial was really similar to mine. I think one of the biggest persuasive tools is the humor used in the commercial. I thought it was interesting because unlike other ads, they flat out just tried to make you laugh and get you to want to buy it.

    ReplyDelete